Saturday, November 27, 2010

AUSTRALIA HERE I COME


At last, after 3 months of waiting, I was granted with a Provisional Resident Visa by the Department of Immigration Australia on 23rd June 2010. It was very exciting for me to receive the news. My husband was very happy and straight away bought the air ticket for me to fly to Australia. I think he had been missing me so much..lol!



From Brunei, I flew to Kota Kinabalu to see my mother, sisters, brothers and also to collect my luggage from my sister's house. I decided to fly with Airasia because the air fare for RBA and MAS very expensive! Before I get onboard at 00.01am on 26th June 2010, I spent my day time in Petronas Twin Tower (after I got my passport stamped by the Australian Embassy).

The journey was good. The Airasia big bird landed safely on Melbourne International Airport around 11am (OZ time). After 3 hours, Virgin Blue took me to Sydney Airport. My husband waited for me patiently. He look very good with his new hair cut! Though this is not my first time in Aussie, I really felt the different. Normally, I have return ticket to Malaysia, but not this time. I only have one way ticket.

SO....I am not sure when will I be back to Malaysia and Brunei.




If any of you think that migrating to a new country is exciting, you are right! but to tell you the truth, the excitment is not last long! After few weeks, the culture shock stress begin to distact your peaceful mind.

As for me, I am happy because I am not separated from my husband. I left my life back in Brunei and Malaysia just to be with him. He is the reason for me to migrate here.

Yes, I am happy! but if I say, I am 100% happy...I lied!



Living here as local means I eligble to work. Thats what I want! I want to work! I have to make some money for myself! but to find a job here is a difficult task. I applied many positions as advertised in the newspaper and online, but all rejected with same reason "WE NEED SOMEONE WITH AT LEAST 6 MONTHS LOCAL WORKING EXPERIENCE"

What? How can I get 6 months local experience if you didnt give me the job???

HAIIIIYYAAAAAAAAAA (Big SIGH)

No comments:

Post a Comment