Friday, December 18, 2009

MANILA Sept 2009 II

Intramuros (World Heritage Site??)

The 'horseman' took us to some places in Intramuros. I felt a bit disappointed after the visit because Intramuros does not up to my expectation especially after the horseman told us that the walled city is rebuilt (many times) after typhoon hit.



The Japs killed their prisoner by drowning them in this well.


Faces of President of Philippines. One of them, Marcos, found a place in Guinness World of Record for corruption.

Roman Catholic church. Elegant. Many rich and famous Filipino tied their knot here.


Honestly, I don't see what made Intramuros one of the UN World Heritage.



The horseman (in green) explaining something to my hubby.

May be it was the history behind these rebuilt buildings and walled city that made it qualified to be declared as World Heritage site, but it really failed to meet my expectation. To me, World Heritage site is a place made you speechless for few minutes before you say "WOW!!"

to be continue...(III)

No comments:

Post a Comment