Sunday, December 20, 2009

DREAMS CAME TRUE (Brisbane-Sydney) Dec 2008

I am animal lover!! (except snake, leech, and worm). It always my dream to touch a dolphin. When I was young, I read a story about dolphin saves human from drowning in the sea. What a wonderful animal!

Brisbane
Coff's Harbour (5-6 hrs drive from Brisbane)

My dream came true on my first visit to Australia. I flew from Brunei to Brisbane. My destination is Sydney (my hubby hometown) but Royal Brunei Airlines only fly to Perth and Brisbane. I arrived in Brisbane International Airport after 7pm. Flight took 7 hours.

Queensland (1-2 hours drive from Brisbane)

On arrival, the immigration officer asked questions.

1. How long I gonna stay in Australia.
2. Where will I stay.
3. What is my job.

On the ferry to Manly -behind me is the famous land mark of Sydney (opera house)

I told him that I will spend my time in Sydney. He stared at me and say, "do you have any idea that you are in Brisbane now and Sydney is around 1000km from here?"

I gave him a very simple answer "yes, I do"

Thats makes him ask me another question. "How do you go to Sydney?"

"My bf will fetch me here. He drive from Sydney."

Sydney bridge from Centre Point Tower

He look at me again, and smile.

"Wow, your bf must be love you very much. Sydney is 1000km from here! You are lucky,"

I smiled and just say, "I hope so."

"Oh, yes, you are! Okay you free now. Good luck!"

Sydney city (aerial view from Centre Point Tower)

My hubby (that time was my bf) and I spent two days in Brisbane before we drive to Sydney. It was a good experience to see the country side. Station (big farm) is a scenery that you shouldn't missed.

We stopped at Coff's Harbour. Stay overnight. The next next we went to see the dolphin. It was a very happy moment to me. Dolphins are lovely and smart! I took photo with a dolphin and sea lion. The price quiet high but really worth it.

Bondi Beach (very clean!!)

Late evening, we arrived in Sydney. I am happy that my in-law warmly welcomed me. They are kind and understanding. My hubby took me to Bondi Beach (famous beach in Sydney where you can meet television celebrities). Stayed in Sydney for 19 days gave me chances to visit many places such as beaches, zoo, and Blue Mountain.

Three Sisters in Blue Mountain (one of UN World Heritage)

Feeding the kangaroo.

I learned a lot from my visit. One thing that I want to clarify here is racism in Australia is not as bad as what we think. The Aussie (caucasian) welcomed all Asian with open arm. The group that really create trouble in Australia (especially Sydney) is the midlle-east Australian. They involved in crimes and many social problems. This is the same group giving trouble to the Indian students in Melbourne and Sydney.


No comments:

Post a Comment